Monday, November 17, 2008

Five More Minutes...FOR MY SAKE

I was just about to fall sleep on my bed when suddenly I realized the clothes lying on me was moving… I was like what the hell is happening and then suddenly one by one the clothes started disappearing … That’s when I saw Jatin… Why the hell is he taking my clothes I wondered… I got up shocked and I was like “Dude what you doing?!?!?!?” Jatin replied “Packing… next two days no one is going to be in the hostel so you are coming to stay with me and Aditya.

It was the first semester… Back than i was staying in a hostel... Looking back I wonder how I managed to stay there at all … Dark and dingy room… Cobwebs all over the place… Newspapers stuck to the wall dating back to God Knows when.. Had to get your Fan and Bulb… Creaking furniture again with cobwebs.. I guess they were there before independence… Pardeshi’s (my roommate) early morning bed tea was the only plus point apart for the obvious one that I got meet Moinak and Neel. Yup the early morning used to be fun… Moinak running to the loo so that he gets there before anyone else does… the first of his many trips during the day… and Neel running around with his one mug to bathe, shave and freshen up… ONE MUG that’s it… and I used to stand outside with my cup of tea… watching all the commotion!!! And BTW my roomy used to sleep on an iron cot with Just a thin thin towel between him and the cot... No bedding no nothing.

Well during the first semester Aditya and Jatin used to come down to college every evening and play a lot of TT along with Mr. Bagchi and Ameya Gokhale… Mr. Prabhav Sharda would be busy playing Badminton… I used to drop in once in a while …

Getting back to my ishtory… So that particular evening I was sleeping … Adi and Jatin had come to play TT and there they found out Moinak was going back home… So Jatin comes to my room and sees a pile of clothes on my bed… He removes the clothes one by one… after a few minutes of excavation he found me lying beneath the heap of clothes … Then he started packing them into one of my bags and that’s when I woke up… If Jatin wouldn’t have come that day, I honestly don’t think if those three years would have been the same for me … So JP cheers mate!!!

So I packed up… I was supposed to go to Gokhalenagar (Where Adi and JP used to stay) for two days… But I stayed there for at least 6 to 8 months.. I mean I was there until we shifted to 8 Shree… It was awesome awesome fun… Prabhav, Nikhil and Shankar used to stay nearby at Shivaji Apartments… We used to go over to their place in the evening… Somehow bear Prabhav’s singing… Actually he was decent... In fact Prabhav had a c.d. recording of him singing Hotel California in a studio… The hotel California’s, Love is all around, Pink Floyd Pulse (Originals not Prabhav specials) … Nikhil with his dance bar stories and his dance to the chamiya numbers... (Dude JP what his favorite number… I forgot!!) Shankar too was good fun… we used to chill out a lot and off course the impromptu WWF’s usually all of us against Prabhav…Late night food trips to Kazi… Calling up the cable and playing Tears in Heaven and some Bryan Adams number every night… Calling the girls over and then cooking… while watching When Harry met Sally (Adi, Bagchi remember how excited all of us were the day before hehehe!!!) Evenings at Apache our seat was right next to the speakers… DD dancing to Sweet Child Of Mine and checking himself out in the mirror… And one day when the lights went Prabhav broke out singing “knocking on heaven’s door” in a fully crowded Apache… There are much more man (if u guys remember put it on comments) …. The only scar in this joy ride was the cricket incident when 11 of us were playing in the ground next to Aditya’s flat and we weren’t allowed to play by some old uncles as we were not Maharashtrians

But those were also brilliant days man… Bloody brilliant

So this story dates back to our exams in first semester … Some exams were on and we had statistics the next day… So we were all at JP’s and Aditya’s place… And Shankar Nikhil and Prabhav comes over to “STUDY”
So that means ABHIK, MOINAK, ADITYA, JATIN, SHANKAR, NIKHIL, and PRABAHV… (Although Shankar was from ILS and didn’t have the paper he came over to chill) were planning to STUDY together.. heheheheh

They came over at 10:30 and we decided one hour of masti and replenish food stock… So we started off with our masti… music, magi, discussing girls, fighting, laughing our hearts out… Then our phone rings… The following conversation that happened is historical … has been talked over and over for those three years and yet survives…
Jatin answers the call and yells out Dittu it’s for you… Aditya comes running and then pauses for a bit and picks up the call
Aditya Grave Voice at his best “HELLOOOO… YEESSSSS…………………………….. (and then shrill girly sissy as hell voice) Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Deeeeeeedeeeeeeee”
We all were rolling on the ground couldn’t stop laughing what voice modulation… From HE MAN to WONDER WOMAN… awesome hahhahahahah!!!!

So by the time we were done with our masti it was around 12:30 and we decide its high time we should start studying… But dude how could we there is nothing to eat in the house… So Nikhil volunteers, and at 1:00 a.m. he leaves to get food from Kazi… After 20 minutes we get a call and its Nikhil… He was like

“Bastard I am being chased by three dogs man”
From our end don’t know who “ Kya bol raha hai… where are you”
Nikhil: -“Dude I am standing on top of a car… the three dogs are jumping up and down man trying to get up here man” and you could hear constant barking
Nikhil: - “bastards come and get me man!!!” (Background still those ferocious barking all over the place)
Prabhav takes the phone :- “Hello Nikhil… “
Nikhil : - “Fucker come and get me man .. these dogs are fucking mad.. “
Pabhav : -“abbe pagal ho gaya hai kya… marne ke liye jaaonga mein… Then with concern “yaar do you have those biscuits”
Nikhil: - “Ya why”
Prabhav: - “Don’t give them to the dogs”
Nikhil: - “Why???”
Prabhav: - “Because you will need it during the night” and he hangs up..

We were again as usual laughing at Nikhil’s plight… what bastard’s we were man… Not only did we not help but we were making fun of Nikhil and laughed for the next 30 minutes or so... Nikhil comes back after 45 minutes apparently some uncle came over and rescued him from the top of the car where he was perched for quite some time…

We shamelessly ate everything and finally got down to studying… And what studying we did … I was sitting with Prabhav and suddenly he goes full seriously...

“Abhik ek cheez bata … aasman neela kyon hai… duniya gol kyon hai.. hawa dekhai nehi deta kyon?? Yaroon ye mujhse na pucoh kyonki agar mujhe pata hota toh tere se thodi na poochta!!!!” and he started laughing… I had no reaction ... at bloody 4 in the morning such a sad sad one!!!

So we studied in a similar fashion till 5 a.m. then we decided something… Since the exam was internal… and the marks didn’t count we would leave a completely blank paper… Not a dot… and we will sit for 5 minutes and get up all of us together… And we had a pact… Let’s do it

So next morning we reached the exam hall and all of us sat… Our roll numbers were all together in the back of the class … We got the Question paper and our answer sheets… Mim didn’t get her paper till then so I gave her my paper and may I add Gladly…the after 5 minutes a soft countdown starts
3…2…1... And then all of us get up “SIR DONE !!”

The professor was scandalized … you should have seen his face… then he goes ... “No No by rule you have to sit for another 10 minutes” one of us questioned the rule but the we decided chal yaar lets sit for 10 more minutes and then we will go.. What waste of time…I swear…. So after 10 minutes another soft count down 3…2…1. Again all of us got up”SIR DONE!!” He was like 10 minutes not over. And we were like sir it’s over and we do not want to disturb the other students… The funniest thing follows the professor goes “Please sit for another 5 minutes... FOR MY SAKE.” I burst out “FOR MY SAKE” hahahahaha… We were like ok chalo sir for your sake we will sit for another 5 minutes. And then after 5 more minutes… countdown and we successfully left… I think he gave up on us… Not a mark on the paper!!!

Then we took a snap outside the main building… all of us… I had a very gay smile on me… We were full of pride… sense of accomplishments… covered with glory…!!!

If someone has the snap please send it across to me… will put it up…

Dedicated to GokhaleNagar, Kazi, MOINAK, ADITYA, JATIN, SHANKAR, NIKHIL, and PRABAHV, Shivaji apartments... TT Table at fergi… and the uncle who threw us out of the cricket ground.. MAY HE ROT IN HELL for all I care!!! Cheers!!!

3 comments:

Cirrus Minor said...

haha..awesome stuff abhik man...you remember things in great detail!

for the record karnani had not gone to get food, he was pissed off that no one is studying at gokhale nagar and so he decided to go home when that happened

What days man, never again tho

Devaki said...

from He man to wonder woman ......hahahahahah ... hilarious! ur posts are getting better n better :)

Unknown said...

Dude.. those were the days man... Bloody brilliant... The two incidents that I was thinking about when I started reading the blog was the Hieeeee Didi!! and Karnani with the dogs... And BANG!! those were the ones recounted... Absolutely brilliant..

One wrestling incident probably missed is when Jatin in the heat of the moment kicked Sharda in his "Misters" and then a football onto the fan... Thank god for no permanent damage... Otherwise there wouldnt have been a wedding to talk about..

Here's to Gokhale Nagar, where Abhik and I spent more time than in the hostel.. It was also the place where we first heard the legendary words from none other than Ajesh, "Dad, I am in deficit" and where we went and burst crackers in the dead of the night just to exact some revenge...

Cheers.

P.S: From HE MAN to WONDER WOMAN was too damn hilarious.